- "Huh... What? You're into So-young as well, just like all the other boys... So why did you come to school at this hour?"
- — Seong-ah
She was born sometime in 1980 to Choi Eun-mi.
During her high school years, she became a close friend to Han Na-yeong, whom she trusted very much and the trust was mutual between them.
- See also: Newspaper Scrap
Sometime in 1998, Seong-ah died from an asthma attack in a school fire at the Home Economics Room, (ironically next to where you first meet her). Seong-ah's death caused the insane and distraught behavior of Choi Eun-mi (Seong's mother), and the longer life span of The Master of the Labyrinth.
It is unknown how and when specifically Seong-ah died but it's assumed to have been from an asthma attack, whether it happened on accident location or in an intensive care unit (ICU) or while on life support remains unknown.
Na-young started feeling guilty and sad for not being able to do anything for Seong-ah back then, but despite this, Seong-ah's spirit held a grudge against Na-young, thinking that she intentionally left her to die.
"Notice: The last two paragraphs conflicts with other information about whether or not the Master is a single entity (Same person as Seong-ah), or separate being, or if it had a mind of it's own."
Saddened after the loss of her daughter, Choi Eun-mi worked closely with Kim Ji-won to find a way to resurrect her daughter and bring her back to life, for that they needed a sacrifice who was "Na-young"
The Master of the Labyrinth With the intention of escaping the five amulets' power trapping the ghosts of the school, it possessed Na-young who rebelled against it by committing suicide to prevent the possession, thus ruining the ritual in the process. However, Seong-ah's body was possessed by the master for the following 3 years, presumably attending school again later as if she were very much alive.
Her suspicions of Hui-min aren't obvious at first, but as you progress you'll soon find she tends to always suspect Hui-min for everything that's gone wrong. This is primarily because he is a newcomer to Yeondu High School, it seems as though everything started falling apart when he abruptly arrived.
You first discover that she had been possessed all along at the end of Chapter 4 (depending on which ending you get) where she reveals her true identity. Seong-ah is ultimately left behind at the Labyrinth in Chapter 5 after the master of the labyrinth makes plans to possess you instead.
- In the original game, Seong-ah shows a more innocent personality when you first meet her, like being afraid of the Alarm.
- But in the remake, she instructs you to go through the vent and get to the Machine Room in order to get her book back to her (and indirectly get the amulet), the Alarm turns on as you go in and the room reverts to normal once you turn it off.
- Like the original game, she will be waiting by the door to pick up the book/key from you. She will try to scare Hui-min (as in the original game) But she will jokingly "Boo" at him as well and exclaim that she is just joking (scaring him off), after that, she will give you the hallway key and turn her back.
- The Audio you hear during Chapter 4 in the Labyrinth implies that even Seong-ah herself held a grudge on Na-yeong for failing to save her, and wanted her to feel the same way she felt.
- Despite her body being possessed by the Master of the Labyrinth, it appears that the master retained some of Seong-ah's memories, the sight and crying of Na-yeong's ghost also freaks her out, the Master tried or possessed Na-young once and Seong-ah was a close friend to her but held a grudge on Na-young after her death (it is revealed in audio in Chapter 4 in the labyrinth).
- If the player annoys her by touching her skirt (or leg) multiple times, she will kick Hui-min and he will take damage. That damage is quite powerful and the affinity score to her is greatly reduce.
- ↑ White Day: A Labyrinth Named School. Document: Newspaper Scrap
- ↑ Deceased (Ambiguous?)
- ↑ Wikipedia (Kor) 양정화 (성우) Yang Jung-hwa(Voice actress)