This article is a stub. You can help The School: White Day Wiki by expanding it.
Vote for Multiplayer Mode in Poll Archive.
The Multiplayer Mode (Hangul: 멀티 플레이어 모드 ; RR: meolti peulleieo modeu) was a mode planned for White Day: A Labyrinth Named School (2001) and the remake (2015) that didn't make it into the final releases.
The mode has been featured in a the menu of the leaked ECTS 2000 London show tech demo version (Dated: August 24, 2000) and has been explicitly described in the information for the cancelled 2004 English localization version by 4AM Entertainment.
A multiplayer mode was briefly shown during early development of the remake in a press conference, but still didn't make it into the final version.
The Multiplayer Mode is briefly mentioned and explained in the Amazon product description for the cancelled 2004 English release of the game.
- "Taking the genre one step further, Sonnori have included a multiplayer feature, that adds a real-time scare factor to the game, as online players can choose a role from a host of horrors including ghost, devil or janitor or, as per the singleplayer mode, a helpless and unarmed school kid."
- — White Day (2004) Amazon Product Description
The main coding may have been removed for the mode; but maps files still exist.
- Train / Subway (?) : (Multimap Screenshot No.13~25)
- Ruins / Deserted house (?) : (Multimap Screenshot No.1~9, 32~35)
- oilbank.bsp (Gas Station?) : (Multimap Screenshot No.10~12, 26~31)