- "For fun For new For you"
- — Sonnori's Motto
Sonnori (손노리) was a South Korean company that was established in July, 1992 as an Indie game development team. After belonging as a team of Softry (1994) and Phantagram (1997). The company became independent in February 1998. The company became a subsidiary of CJ Games in 2011 and dissolved shortly after.
- 1992 - 2003
Sonnori and Ntreev 's history is equal to from 1992 to 2003.
See Sonnori and Ntreev Soft Company History
Merged with Locus Holdings, Inc. - Sonnori Game Development & Business Headquarter team founded.
'Astonishia Story R'(RPG-PC), PC Online Game 'Monster KuruKuru' (Arcade), PC Online Game 'Cartoon Racer' (Casual Racing) launched
Plenus, Inc( former: Locus Holdings). divides into Ntreev Soft Co.,Ltd. and Sonnori Co., Ltd.
Sonnori and Gravity.co, 'STYLIA' (PC Webgame Potal) Project launched.
[Sonnori made Jeonpa Sonyeondan (전파 소년단), [Translate : Radio wave Boy Scouts](online action-shooting), 'Love Forty'(online tennis game)]
Sonnori portable game team separated. Portable game team was established Ironnos.
'Astonishia Story 2'(= 'Crimson Gem Saga' )launched (2D mobile.ver / PSP version launched 2008)
Webgame Potal 'STYLIA' Service Closed. Began to develop Nintendo DS game title.
('Close shave!! Rescue plan for Universe Union's Official natural monument No.522-8934 mankind'
/ Stop Development since 2012 )
'Astonishia Story Online'(PC) First Closed-beta test.
CJ Games (After: Netmable) acquired Sonnori. announced
Lee Won-sool(Sonnori 's co-founder,CEO and developer) took office as the CEO of Turnon games, which is CJ games 's subsidiary company.
Lee Won-sool leave a Turnon games. According to reports Sonnori.co was not merged but it is Corporate state remain on paper only.
|Game Name||Genre||Platform||Release Date||Developer||Publisher|
|Darkside Story (Link:Kor)||Beat-'em-Up||PC||1995||Sonnori|
|Arcturus (Link:Kor)||RPG||PC||2000||Co-develop by Gravity, Sonnori|
|White Day: A Labyrinth Named School||Horror||PC||2001||Sonnori|
|Astonishia Story R (remake)||RPG||PC, Mobile, PSP||
Sports / Golf
|PC (MMOG)||2004||Transferred to Ntreev Soft during development.|
|Cartoon Racer||Casual, Racing||PC (MMOG)||2002||Sonnori|
|Monster Kuru Kuru||Action, Arcade||PC (MMOG)||2003||Sonnori|
|Norimax Heroes||RPG, Strategy||Mobile||2005||Co-develop by Softmax,Sonnori|
|Astonishia Story 2 (Crimson Gem Saga)||RPG||Mobile |
/ PSP, iOS
/ Ironnos (Former Sonnori's Mobile game studio)
|Romance of Package||Games Collection / Box Set||PC||7 January, 2005||Sonnori||Sonnori|
|Jeonpa Sonyeondan||Action, Side-Scrolling||PC (MMOG)||2006||Sonnori|
|Love Forty||Sports / Tennis||PC (MMOG)||2006||Sonnori|
|Astonishia Story Online||MMORPG||PC||2010||(※discontinue development)|
- Ironically, Astonishia Story was Sonnori's first game and their last game was also an "Astonishia Story" Game.
- Sonnori's only horror game is White Day.
- Originally, Sonnori was established by a bunch of friends as an Indie game studio.
- ↑ Ntreev Soft Company History Sonnori and Ntreev 's history is equal from 1992 to 2003.
- ↑ A History of Korean Gaming - Sonnori, Ntreev, Ironnos section History of Sonnori, Ntreev, Ironnos.
- ↑ "'손노리 패스맨' 이원술, 넷마블 떠나 독립개발사 설립 전망”, "'Sonnori passman' Lee Won Sool, Leaving Netmarble and establish independent development company forecast"
- ↑ 이원술 대표, '로보카 폴리'와 손잡고 게임업계 복귀 ”, Representatives Lee Won Sool, Come back to game industry with 'Robocar poli'(Roi Visual's works)