- "For fun For new For you"
- — Sonnori's slogan
Sonnori (손노리) was a South Korean company that was established in July, 1992 as an Indie game development team. After belonging as a team of Softry (1994) and Phantagram (1997). The company became independent in February 1998. The company became a subsidiary of CJ Games in 2011 and dissolved shortly after.
Later, It's former CEO, Lee Won Sool has re-established 'Sonnori' and registered it in the registration of corporation. And used ROI Games as official name.
On July 14th 2017, ROI Games changed its name back to Sonnori.
1992 - 2003
Sonnori and Ntreev 's history is equal to from 1992 to 2003.
See Sonnori and Ntreev Soft Company History
Merged with Locus Holdings, Inc. - Sonnori Game Development & Business Headquarter team founded.
'Astonishia Story R'(RPG-PC), PC Online Game 'Monster KuruKuru' (Arcade), PC Online Game 'Cartoon Racer' (Casual Racing) launched
Plenus, Inc( former: Locus Holdings). divides into Ntreev Soft Co.,Ltd. and Sonnori Co., Ltd.
2006 - 2014
Sonnori and Gravity.co, 'STYLIA' (PC Webgame Potal) Project launched.
[Sonnori made Jeonpa Sonyeondan (전파 소년단), [Translate : Radio wave Boy Scouts](online action-shooting), 'Love Forty'(online tennis game)]
Sonnori portable game team separated. Portable game team was established Ironnos.
'Astonishia Story 2'(= 'Crimson Gem Saga' )launched (2D mobile.ver / PSP version launched 2008)
Webgame Potal 'STYLIA' Service Closed. Began to develop Nintendo DS game title.
('Close shave!! Rescue plan for Universe Union's Official natural monument No.522-8934 mankind'
/ Stop Development since 2012 )
'Astonishia Story Online'(PC) First Closed-beta test.
CJ Games (After: Netmable) acquired Sonnori. announced
Lee Won-sool(Sonnori 's co-founder,CEO and developer) took office as the CEO of Turnon games, which is CJ games 's subsidiary company.
Lee Won-sool leave a Turnon games. According to reports Sonnori.co was not merged but it is Corporate state remain on paper only.
2014 - 2017 (ROI Games)
- "FOR FUN! FOR NEW! FOR YOU!"
- — Roi Games' Motto, like Sonnori's
Roi Games is a Korean video game development studio. Roi Games is an innovative game production company that was brought together by veteran game developers with 15+ years of experience from Sonnori and Roi Visual, a leading global video content company. It's CEO is Lee Won Sool, the previous CEO of Sonnori.
- "Roi Games is an innovative game production company that was brought together by veteran game developers with 15+ years of experience from Sonnori and Roi Visual, a leading global video content company."
- — Site Quote
Roi Games was founded by Lee Won Sool, who was the previous CEO of Sonnori. ROI Games, is a subsidiary company of ROI Visuals. Roi Games was founded by ex-Sonnori and veteran game developers who have created titles such as Astonishia Story, Forgotten Saga, and White Day: A Labyrinth Named School, along with Roi Visual, a leading global video content company, best known for Robocar Poli.
2017 - Present
On July 14th 2017, ROI Games was renamed as Sonnori on the 25th anniversary of Sonnori's founding, starting with their YouTube and official website getting a slight redesign with the Sonnori logo replacing the ROI Games logo.
It is presumed that When he left a 'Turnon games' and did registered it in the registration of corporation.
In the latest report (2016-12-31/Korean) of the credit rating agency, the company name is Sonnori Co., Ltd.
And they also have open an Official Facebook page
|Game Name||Genre||Platform||Release Date||Developer||Publisher|
|Darkside Story (Link:Kor)||Beat-'em-Up||PC||1995||Sonnori|
|Arcturus (Link:Kor)||RPG||PC||2000||GRAVITY CO., Ltd|
|White Day: A Labyrinth Named School||Horror, Adventure||PC||2001||Sonnori||Wizard Soft|
|Astonishia Story R (remake)||RPG||PC, Mobile, PSP||2002|
|Trickster||MMORPG||PC||2003||Sonnori->Ntreev Soft||Netmarble Games|
Sports / Golf
|PC (MMOG)||2004||Transferred to Ntreev Soft during development.||HanbitSoft|
|Cartoon Racer||Casual, Racing||PC (MMOG)||2002||Sonnori||Netmarble Games|
|Monster Kuru Kuru||Action, Arcade||PC (MMOG)||2003||Sonnori||Netmarble Games|
|Norimax Heroes||RPG, Strategy||Mobile||2005||Co-develop by Softmax,Sonnori|
|Astonishia Story 2 (Crimson Gem Saga)||RPG||Mobile|
/ PSP / iOS
/ Ironnos (Former Sonnori's Mobile game studio)
|Romance of Package||Games Collection / Box Set||PC||7 January, 2005||Sonnori||Sonnori|
|Jeonpa Sonyeondan||Action, Side-Scrolling||PC (MMOG)||2006||Sonnori|
|Love Forty||Sports / Tennis||PC (MMOG)||2006||Sonnori|
|Astonishia Story Online||MMORPG||PC||2010||Sonnori|
|Warigari Trio||Action RPG||Mobile||2015||ROI Games|
|The School: White Day||Horror, Adventure||Mobile / PC / PS4||2015 / 2017||ROI Games ( Sonnori )|
|ROI Games (Sonnori),|
Arc System Works,
|The School: Swan Song||Horror, Adventure||PSVR / PS4||TBA 2017||ROI Games ( Sonnori )|
- FORFUN! FORNEW! FORYOU!
- Realize your dreams with Roi Games.
- Roi Games aims to be different.
- Roi Games’ Identity “Roi” is the French word for king. We consider this a promise to treat our customers as kings and to provide the best service possible. Our trademark, the green crown, represents creativity and never-ending growth.
- Ironically, Astonishia Story was Sonnori's first game and their last game was also an "Astonishia Story" game, before their re-establishment from ROI Games to Sonnori in 2017.
- Sonnori's only horror game is White Day.
- Originally, Sonnori was established by a bunch of friends as an Indie game studio.
- Roi Games Homepage (Korean)
- Roi Games Homepage (English)
- Sonnori.co.kr Website | Archived version (2006/06/13)
- ↑ Ntreev Soft Company History Sonnori and Ntreev 's history is equal from 1992 to 2003.
- ↑ A History of Korean Gaming - Sonnori, Ntreev, Ironnos section History of Sonnori, Ntreev, Ironnos.
- ↑ "'손노리 패스맨' 이원술, 넷마블 떠나 독립개발사 설립 전망”, "'Sonnori passman' Lee Won Sool, Leaving Netmarble and establish independent development company forecast"
- ↑ 이원술 대표, '로보카 폴리'와 손잡고 게임업계 복귀 ”, Representatives Lee Won Sool, Come back to game industry with 'Robocar poli'(Roi Visual's works)
- ↑ ROI Games Homepage 로이 게임즈 홈페이지
- ↑ ROI Games - IGN. Retrieved on 2015-12-08.
- ↑ 
- ↑ ROI Visual Homepage 로이 비쥬얼 홈페이지
- ↑ ::ROI Games:: Company Info
- ↑ KakaoGames, 카카오게임즈, 이원술 로이게임즈에 60억 원 투자...지분 40% 최대주주 등극KakaoGames invested KRW 6 billion in Lee's ROIGames ... becoming the largest shareholder with a stake of 40%
- ↑ The Soulless Game Trailer:The spin-off of Astonishia Story
(소울리스 트레일러 - 어스토니시아 스토리 외전)