Differences and features
Aside from modern graphics, the game features were almost completely altered, this includes:
- New modern graphics as it is built on a completely new engine, as such the character faces, models and animations are more detailed now making them more expressive than in the original game, the mobile version of the remake itself tops the original version and resembles console graphics.
- The gameplay was heavily altered and improved, the ghosts are no longer jump scare mechanics but are far more sinister than that (Far more 3d Ghosts in the game).
- There are about 21 Ghosts in the game now (excluding enemies like Eun-mi and the Janitors).
- Cut ghosts were brought back (such as Na-hyae, Mi-suk (Eun-Ah), Kyeong-Hui) whom had their stories but didn't appear in the original game.
- New ghosts were added (The Dormitory Captain's Spirit, Yeong-mi, The Attendance Ghost, Altered; Mermaid, Woman in the cabin) some new and some based on previous unused stories.
- 8 Additional Ghost Stories were added in. Some previous stories were altered and updated heavily as well, previous ghosts (Such as: Spider Ghost, Doppelgänger) Received their ghost stories for the first time.
- Some of the new Ghosts require Conditional Items to be met, a new feature in the remake.
- It is now possible to collect cards known as Ghost Collections under special circumstances.
- Some characters make an interactive physical appearance for the first time now as opposed to sounds, halos or just shadow ghosts.
- Several Ending Scenario was altered by South Korean manhwa artist, Yoon Tae-ho (윤태호). He was in charge of Ending scenario continuity.
- The game includes a variety of additional bonus costumes for Hui-min, the Janitors and even for the girls. This includes a Christmas special event that was held for December 2015.
- The PC/PS4 Version, aside from improved graphics; it includes even more content such as a new character, a new ending collection, new ghosts, altered and updated locations (such as the exterior of the school that can been seen near the registration office) and updated features such as the Haunted Head Ghost being scarier, featuring new whispering sounds, appearing in different places very occasionally and randomly. A new set of DLC costume packs were also released, aside from remastered old ones.
- Main article: White Day: A Labyrinth Named School Original Soundtrack
The music in this game was composed and produced unlike the original, which used various other pre-made soundtracks. The music (OST: Original Soundtrack) was not released yet. Currently, only a Limited Edition OST of the game is available.
In Limited edition OST, there are four songs: [Opening, Main theme, Ending, Ending (instrument)]
- Opening :
Soliloquy_opening(희민 Theme) - 박상혁, Soliloquy_opening (Hui-min Theme) - Park Sang-hyeok
- Main theme :
미궁(재 녹음판) - 황병기(작곡가)/ 소프라노 윤인숙(목소리),
The Labyrinth(Re-recording ver.) - Hwang Byung-ki (Composer)/ Soprano Yun Insuk(Vocal)
- Ending :
꿈인 것 처럼(Ending Theme) - 나비(가수)/박상혁(작곡), Like a dream (Ending Theme) - Navi(Vocal)/Park Sang-hyeok(Composer)
It is developed by ROI Games and is directed and produced by the president of ROI Games, Lee Won Sool; who was the former CEO of Sonnori. This remake version is built on a brand new engine (Unity) and includes graphical improvements and several other features (Ghosts, Ghost Collections, Gameplay Features, Stories and extended plot) not found in the original version of the game. Initially it was shown to be a port of the original game to mobile platforms. It has re-established the game after it was thought to have become an abandonware title.
In March, 2014, Sonnori's hompage got back with a teaser video for a mobile version but closed again. Initially since 2011 the game was being co-developed by Sonnori (the formerly closed company) and Gachyon Soft (judging by promotional material), it started out as a port of the original game to mobile platforms but soon began shaping up into a complete remake. Early footage shows footage of the original game mixed with early preview of the early mobile port, which at the time has been using the assets from the original game, collections (possibly initial version of ghost collections) showcase several enemies / ghosts in their old model appearances, It's unknown if it was running on the old engine or a new one (Unity).
News were out about White Day games at This is game.com. The game was announced that it is being made by the "ROI Games" & "Gachyon Soft", "ROI GAMES" has been established by Lee Won Sool. He was the former CEO of Sonnori and a Game Developer. Lee Won Sool also expressed his plan of making the game into a series.
Initially the game was aimed at mobile platforms only and started as a port of the original game but with VR in mind, however things changed in the following months where most of the game assets were remade and various platform releases were planned. 
Initially, several different artworks were shown for the characters even the small screen time guy who is beaten in the begging of the game, the load screen showed artworks of several characters and some sort of collections.
In May 2015, a media showcase coverage was held and representatives of ROI Games and Gachyon Soft revealed several details about the game and the improvements that were made, comparing the polygonal amount of the models (the original being around 700 polygon per character while each character in the remake is already proudly in the 15,000 polygon range), also noting other improvements such as deleted ghosts added back and ghosts that originally were only on ghost stories and new ones being added. Interestingly, 7 multiplayer scenarios and preview of the mode were showcased but didn't make it into the final game.
A CGI Trailer was released.
Sonnori representative revealed that 'White Day' is planned for release on PlayStation 4. In particular, support for virtual reality head-mounted headset, the PlayStation VR, is expected to show the essence of the horror game.
It was unveiled in the "Sony Computer Entertainment Korea" (hereafter SCEK) "G-Star 2015" lineup in Seocho-dong, Seoul e-Sports Stadium Arena. The event has unveiled information on the 'White Day' PS4 version release.
White Day "PS4 version" is expected to support the VR device developed by Sony, known as the "PlayStation VR". In other words, a player wearing the PlayStation VR and can play the game and the story as the protagonist. Later, this evolved into a completely different game sequel.
According to the announcement of the developer, the PSVR version was introduced as a different version (later in May 2016: revealed to be a sequel prequel), and not a simple port of the mobile version game.
Release and updates
White Day (2015) Remake was released in T-store (Local Android app market in Korea), Google Play Store (Korean language) and is to be released on Apple 'App store' (Korean language) in December.
Other language versions will be released later.
(Dub, Interface, Subtitles - Korean, English, Japanese /Interface, Subtitles - Local language of 12 countries. ex: French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese.. etc. [plan])
The game was released in Korea on Android in Google Play Store.
A big update is scheduled to be released for Android devices on the local Korean T Store and Google Play which introduced the King Real (hardest difficulty) which was featured in the original game, and additional special bonus costumes to the game. Scheduled to update soon and Other details are also further notice.
- A big update was released for Android devices on the local Korean T Store and Google Play.[King Real mode(hardest difficulty), special bonus costumes & Costumes DLC ]
- Gamepad Support (Beta Service)
- The game was released in Korea on iOS in Apple iTunes Store
- Added Resource Validation Tests
- Added Costumes DLC (Couples Party Dress Package)
- Gamepad Support function Enhancements, etc...
Added Language option (Korean<->English) in Setting (Although commissioned a professional translation company but typos or misinterpretation can exist.). English dub wasn't applied, yet. (19/02/2016)
- Cloud Save system support
- Added Ending Credit skip function
- Modified Ending Scene's Replay function
- Added function ( Continue the Games at Recently Checkpoint ), etc...
- Announcements for The Global Version Worldwide Realese - It will be released around March 14th. ( Android OS/ iOS )
- The Global Version adds other language subtitles. (Including the Korean subtitles) - [English / Deutsch / French / Italian / Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) / Japanese/ Spanish]
- Added Dubbing option (Korean<->English) in Setting
- The game was released in Worldwide on Android in Google Play Store & iOS in Apple iTunes Store.
- The White Day Lite version (Demo ver) was released in Worldwide on Android in Google Play Store & iOS in Apple iTunes Store.
- Russian language subtitles is added on Android.
- Chinese Dubbing is added on Android.
1.1.573 added Android 7.0 Nougat support.
PC Version Announcement
In April 2016, due to ROI Games not being satisfied with overseas sales on mobile platforms (iOS and Android) a PC Version was announced and has been added by ROI Games on Steam Greenlight to allow voting for the game and gather feedback. The game was greenlit afterwards and pushed for a release.
Later in June, ROI Games posted an announcement on Steam in Korean stating that they are doing their best to push the quality of the PC Version over the mobile version with not just graphical improvements but additional content as well, while also hinting that it might be delayed to fall 2016 at best
Brand name change
Sometime after the PC Version was announced, the game was renamed on iOS and Google Play stores to "The School: White Day" without further notice, which became the international English title for the game. The Korean name remained unchanged (White Day: A Labyrinth Named School).
When contacted, the devs revealed that the intention was to make it simple and more familiar to audiences from the west and overseas, hinting over the fact that White Day may not be familiar to the targeted western and overseas audience.
Initially, a PSVR Version of the game was showcased in G-Star event in 2015, this was later revealed to be a sequel titled "White Day: Swan Song" (known as The School: Swan Song in the west and internationally) which has been officially announced on May 10, 2016 for PlayStation 4 (PSVR) and is currently under development by ROI Games with a release target set for Korea.
A teaser trailer was finally revealed on Nov 16, 2016 for the promised PC version and it was also announced that the game would be coming to the PlayStation 4, despite initial attempt being shifted into a sequel title (and hinted in earlier tech demos), this is also the first time a PC/PS4 Version footage was shown and the game would include more content than just additional costumes, such as the addition of a new female character called Yoo Ji-min (유지민), a new ending collection and a playable female character added and announced the release date. (2017 March 14th)
- The PC/PS4 Version's release date is delayed again due to problem with publishing other languages to overseas (international).
- They Announce Japanese localization version and release date in Japan
In Japanese localization version, 'Character name' and 'Basic School Uniform' will be changed as they said in an interview with the Japanese webzine.
- Changing point
- Han So-young -> Shinomiya Shizuku ( 四宮 しずく)
- Kim Seong-ah -> Fujinoi Sayaka ( 藤ノ井 さやか )
- Seol Ji-hyun -> Tominaga Hikari ( 富永 ひかり )
- Lee Hui-min -> Yamamoto Yuuto (山本 勇人)
(※ In the website of the Japan Mobile version, His name was written as Mishima Yuuto ( 三嶋 勇人 ). But His name was written as Yamamoto Yuuto (山本 勇人) in game. )
- Change Basic School Uniform
- Japanese Dubbing is added
- Japanese version Original Ending theme song is added
UK publisher 'PQube' announces White Day PS4 version website that introduces information and package image.  And An introduction to the game was posted on the PlayStation EU official blog. It is also worth noting that PQube used the original title of the game (White Day: A Labyrinth Named School) which was used before the name change for the mobile English/International versions.
White Day's Official Facebook released a couple of screenshots comparing the 2015 mobile version to the PC/PS4 version. Most of them are completely changed such as the barricaded door is not barricaded and now shows the outside with benches. This is first update.
The second update was released and now talks about effects.
White Day's Official Facebook has release more information about Yoo Ji-min, a character who admires So-Young and refuses to let anyone get her who then becomes the second protagonist. Her storyline have to be unlocked in certain conditions. Therefore, she can be played.
In Korea, A pre-order of White Day Limited Edition Set (Remake) (PC/PS4 version) was started.
At 01:00 am in Korea time, the game was officially released through PSN. And the steam version was scheduled to be released at 11:00 pm in Korea time. But, the release was delayed due to a publisher's mistake, and the game was released at 3:00 am on the 23th.
- ↑ (단독) 이원술 대표 “화이트데이를 스테디셀러 시리즈로 만들어 가고 싶다”, [Exclusive] representatives Lee Won Sool: "I want to make a series of long White Day"
- ↑ (단독) 14년 전 이야기의 끝을 맺는다! 화이트데이 모바일 프리뷰, [Exclusive] 14 years ago the story concludes! White Day mobile previewed.
- ↑ (취재) 2015년 11월 19일, '화이트데이'가 돌아온다 (May, 2015). “[Coverage] 2015 November 19, 'White Day is back (Korean)”
- ↑ White Day Korean Homepage
- ↑ 화이트데이 학교라는 이름의 미궁 CG 트레일러
- ↑ 14년만에 돌아온 화이트데이 모바일, 어떤 점이 달라졌나?, 14 years came back in White Day mobile, or been different at any point?
- ↑ http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=145162
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 News.join.com: ROI Games White Day Reveal at SCEK 2015 Event (Korean)
- ↑ (공식 페이스북) (화이트데이: 학교라는 이름의 미궁) 플레이스테이션 VR용 개발발표 (Official Facebook) Announced development, WhiteDay:ALNS(remake) PlayStation VR ver.
- ↑ (공식 페이스북) 화이트데이(3월 14일) 기념 할인 및, 글로벌 버전 출시 예고!(Official Facebook) White Day (March 14) Discount Sale and The Global Version released notice!
- ↑ Steam Greenlight :: White Day : a labyrinth named school
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WIbU24D6HE
- ↑ Official website in Japan
- ↑ ホワイトデイ：学校という名の迷宮 (Youtube)
- ↑ ［G-Star 2016］「White Day：Swan Song」は，主人公の行動が女の子の運命を決める。開発元CEOへのインタビューやデモ版のインプレッションを掲載
- ↑ http://pqube.co.uk/whiteday/
- ↑ PQube Facebook
- ↑ PlayStation.Blog (EU)
- ↑ Famitsu: 『WHITEDAY～学校という名の迷宮～』迷い込んだ学校から逃げろ！さもなくば……!? - ファミ通.com (2017-06-01). “Famitsu reveals release date of the Japanese PS4 Version”
- ↑ ROI Games Press Releases
- ↑ Ruliweb: '화이트데이: 학교라는 이름의 미궁' PS4 패키지, 8월 2일 국내 출시 (2017-06-02). “White Day: Labyrinth of School PS4 version released in Korea on August 2”